Archery is a safe sport as we adhere to basic archery and health protocols:
- Obey all rules and commands of the Range Captain(s). (Includes whistle commands) Rules will be enforced 100%.
- 2 whistles: Approach the shooting line.
- 1 whistle: Nock an arrow and begin shooting.
- 3 whistles: Place bows on stand or bow rack and retrieve arrows.
- 5 or more whistles: Emergency! Stop shooting and wait for instructions!
- Horseplay on the range is not tolerated.
- Always walk on the range.
- Use arm and finger protection (or release aid) while shooting.
- Arrows remain in your quiver until instructed to shoot.
- Keep arrows pointed toward targets when on bows.
- If you drop an arrow, leave it.
- Shoot only at your target unless instructed otherwise.
- No chewing gum or eating on the range while shooting.
- No phones/texting on the range except to talk to parents or your ride.
- Excessively baggy clothing cannot be worn while shooting.
- No open-toed shoes or flip-flops for indoor or outdoor shooting. (Archery and Camp rule.)
- Long hair must be tied back and jewelry (necklace) out of chest area.
Due to the nature of our sport you will receive one warning. The next time you will be asked to sit out the rest of the practice. If it happens again, you will be barred from shooting for the remainder of the season.
- Due to Camp Chestnut Ridge requirements, all archers must complete a Covid waiver.
- The waiver is online. It will prompt you for your email address and then send you an online form for your electronic signature. The form supports the signature of two adults and acknowledgement of any minor children. Once signed, the waiver is valid for a year.
- Please have this form submitted at least a day before the first practice you plan to attend.
- Archers must have their own finger tab and arm guard. These are difficult to sanitize. WRA will have those for sale. You may also purchase these at any vendor: Dick’s Sporting Goods, Walmart, Mace Sports, First Flight Archery, Lancaster Archery, etc.
- Archers must pre-register for a lane at practices There are signs up for the Thursday and Saturday practices. To help the coaches layout the field, please sign up by 9:00 am of the day of practice.
- Masks are optional, but we maintain social distancing. We have a number of archers who cannot be vaccinated due to age/health conditions. We are mindful of their health.
- Upon arrival, check in with the coaches. They will confirm the following information with you:
- Do you or your archer(s) have any signs/symptoms of illness or injury, including: fever, cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, loss of taste or smell, chills, vomiting or diarrhea?
- Have or your archer been potentially exposed to or have reason to believe they have COVID-19?
- Do you or the archer share a home with or been in close contact with anyone who has these symptoms or has reason to believe they have been exposed to COVID-19?
- If any of these are positive, coaches will ask you to sit out this session.
- We shoot outdoors. In the summer the range can be very sunny and hot. While there is some shade, archers are advised to bring water bottles and use sun screen and bug spray.
- If weather is threatening before practice, please check your email before you head to practice. We will send an email notification if practice is cancelled.
- If adverse weather occurs during practice, archers and coaches will retire from the range to the Camp’s Morris Center.
The Morris Center is the Camp’s Dining Hall. It is at the bottom loop of the Camp Chestnut Ridge Road. When you arrive in its parking area, it is the main building on the right. Follow the sidewalk.