The News at Wolf Ridge Archery
Wolf Ridge Archery is a fun, safe and shooting club for archers ages 8 and up.We welcome anybody who is interested. No experience or equipment is necessary. We’re here for you whether you are shooting for recreation or prepping for the next tournament.
WRA practice sign ups
Thursday practices are suspended due to daylight savings time. We will re-implement practices when an alternative site becomes available.
Saturdays: From 3:00 – 5:00 pm. Please sign up by 10:00 am that Saturday
- Mar 3-5 NFAA State and Southeast Regional Indoor Championships. Register online at the NFAA’s Sport80 site
- USAA Indoor Nationals and JOAD Indoor Nationals. Various dates and locations.
- Apr 14-16 Arizona Cup
- Apr 18 Orange County Senior Games
- May 12-14 Gator Cup
- May 27-28 NFAA SE Outdoor Sectionals (tentative)
Upcoming local events
- First Flight Archery hosts the NC State and NFAA Southeast Regional championships in March (3-5). It is a dual tournament. So you can shoot the NCFAA states, NFAA Sectionals, OR BOTH. The NFAA Sectionals registration is online at NFAA’s Sport80 site. Contact First Flight about States.
- Orange County’s Senior Games archery competition is set for April 18th (rain date April 25th) at Cates Creek Park. If you participated last year, you will receive an email once registration is open. If you didn’t shoot last year, go to the online registration site. If you would like a paper registration form, they are available for pick up at the Robert and Pearl Seymour Center (2551 Homestead Road, Chapel Hill, NC 27516) and the Jerry Passmore Center (103 Meadowlands Dr., Hillsborough, NC 27278). The registration deadline is March 24th.
Additional registration info: Chatham County residents will join the Orange County Senior Games. So register with Chatham. For other counties, you can contact your local senior games organizers to see if they are joining or if you need to register directly with Orange County. If you live outside of Orange County, you will pay an out of county fee. (Just be sure to check the non-Resident box when registering!) If you wish to participate in other games that are in your home county, you will register separately for those. If you have any questions about the Orange County games, contact Dana Hughes at 919.918.7372.
Club update: USA Archery memberships
USA Archery, who provides the club’s insurance coverage now requires all club members to purchase a USA Archery membership after three visits to club activities. We are sorry to have to ask you to add this expense, as we strive to keep fees as low as possible, but it is required.
There are several options for membership. The lowest is the recreational membership, which is only $15 per year. This provides a number of services, but does not allow the member to receive achievement pins or participate in tournaments. If you are not interested in competing, this is the one for you! The full memberships have several options-family, adult individual, youth individual. All the details of the different memberships can be seen on their benefits comparison chart. When you sign up, please select Wolf Ridge Archery as your club. That automatically associates you with us.